Do you wish to cancel your NAPTOSA membership?
[ archive Please download the Cancellation Form (164 KB) ]
Joining option A
You may either use the Online Application Form below or, alternatively, still use the old hard-copy version below
NAPTOSA Online Application Form
Congratulations on making the right choice to apply for membership with NAPTOSA.
Please select an option below to start your application process, or to continue with the hard-copy version.
- Application form for State, TVET and College Council Employees
- Application form for School Governing Body (SGB) and Independent School Employees
- Membership Application form for a Student studying to become a Teacher
Please Note the Terms and Conditions below:
Membership subscriptions for 2018 shall be R97.00 (ninety-seven rand) per member per month. The provisions of section 13(3) of the Labour Relations Act, 1995, shall apply in respect of the termination of membership of the union, namely-
- three (3) months’ written notice to the union and the employer if the member works in the public service, and
- one (1) month’s written notice to the union and the employer if the member does not work in the public service.
Where a member's subscriptions are in arrears, the member shall have three calendar months in which to pay the arrears, failing which membership shall be terminated by the Union.
In addition to the membership subscription a member shall also be liable for the payment in the same manner of such other fees as may be prescribed in terms of this Constitution or may be paid by the Union as a levy towards membership by the Union of a federation or any other organisation agreed to by the National Executive Committee.
A member shall be exempt from the payment of the aforesaid membership subscription in respect of any period during which the person is on unpaid leave for thirty or more days up to a maximum of six continuous months.
Joining option B
Please select the province (below) in which you are employed and complete the membership application form (hard-copy) for that province: