Province: NAPTOSA Gauteng
Location of office: Johannesburg
NAPTOSA invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated persons for the post of Provincial Chief Executive Officer (PCEO): Gauteng. The successful applicant will possess strong organisational and person skills and will identify with the vision of the members of the Union as a whole and the Province in particular. The person appointed will be required to provide leadership to the employees as well as to the elected officers of the province and play a leading role in the development and execution of Union policies.
Description of Post: The successful person must, inter alia,
- Oversee the effective operating of the Union in terms of its Constitution, Rules, Regulations and Policies;
- Manage functioning of the office, staff and union resources;
- Maintain financial oversight and control;
- Oversee Provincial Conference, committee functioning and meetings, and the implementation of decisions;
- Participate in relevant provincial and national structures and provide support to ensure the effective functioning of provincial structures;
- Promote an organisational structure that reflects and protects NAPTOSA’s values, and encourages effective service delivery;
- Ensure that records are kept and reports are prepared as required;
- Ensure that the province has effective and regular communication with members; write and/or approve material for distribution, including News Flashes, etc.;
- Develop and promote a relevant and meaningful professional development programme;
- Provide a service to members which includes advice and assistance with conditions of service, grievances and disciplinary matters;
- Respond to queries, comment on draft documents, and conduct all official correspondence of the Union in the province;
- Represent the Union at meetings, functions, etc. as required;
- Participate in training and collective bargaining as required.
Qualifications and requirements: Applicants must be able to demonstrate/prove:
- Suitable teaching or equivalent qualification(s) of at least REQV 13 (a higher qualification will be an advantage);
- Appropriate and extensive professional and managerial experience in the education sector;
- Appropriate managerial experience in the leadership and/or administration of the Union will be a strong recommendation;
- Sound understanding of, and experience in, financial management;
- Sound knowledge of education in South Africa and of education and labour legislation and policies;
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken) and fluency in Afrikaans or one of the African languages prevalent in Gauteng;
- Public speaking ability and experience;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Valid driver’s licence.
Remuneration package: Salary in the range of a Post Level 4, P4 principal (notch 159 - 218), is applicable; the starting salary within the range will be established taking into account the complexity of the post in this province and the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant; benefits include a 13th cheque, compulsory membership of an approved pension fund and medical-aid contribution, housing allowance, generous car allowance, and a comprehensive leave allocation.
Applications: An application should include a covering letter, a CV of no more than 5 pages containing relevant information only, and the names and contact details of 3 referees.
Applications must be received by 16:00 on Friday, 8 June 2018
NAPTOSA reserves the right not to fill this post